Saturday, January 13, 2007

Agra After 11 Hour Train Ride

We left our hotel at 5 am then caught a 6 am train in the dark. Luckily I was able to get horizontal and was given a blanket and two sheets. We had charming company in our section of seats and Leanna especially engaged this friendly Brahman woman and her 12 yr old son. I tried to defrost my feet and finally had to rub them warm. I slept intermittently through talks of Rama, the nature of religion, arranged marriages, etc. The train bathroom was scuzzy but the train experience was wonderful as everyone is so friendly and the children adorable. Tonight we walked to the first brand new mall in Agra. Mostly aimed at teens, and full of teens. Experienced my first mall black-out for a minute or so. They kept the lights dimmer after that. No store drew us in but we ate, the only females in slacks.

No comments: